Do you know what Goya looks like? Or should we say bitter melon? Finish reading this article and learn more about its benefits.
Goya is a veggie native to tropical countries. Its firm and bumpy surface covers the flesh that tastes like a mix of cucumber and under-ripened melon. Goya is also used in Japan. This veggie may taste bitter at first, but once you get used to this taste you will deal with a new addiction.
Goya likes humid and hot climate, and usually grows in South America and Asia. The bitter melon is also used as a traditional remedy in China, India, Asia and southeastern areas of the US. Its season starts in July and ends in November. According to experts, Goya is packed with folate, vitamin C and Vitamin B. It is packed with flavonoids, molecules with strong antioxidant power.
Dr. Frank Shallenberger M.D. first discovered the great effects of bitter melon. He has specialized in Anti-Aging treatments and Alternative Medicine at the Nevada Center of Alternative & Anti-Aging Medicine. The doctor suggests that his patient use natural remedies to treat their ailment. According to him, Goya inhibits cancer growth. Studies have shown that a 5% solution of bitter melon juice can destroy pancreatic cancer cells.
It was also found that Goya destroys cancer cell lines by 90-98%. The benefits of this vegetable were studies at the University of Colorado. The results showed that it reduces pancreatic tumors by 64%. This shows that the research conducted by Dr. Shallenberger only confirmed the power of bitter melon. It can be also used in the treatment of skin infections, diabetes symptoms, asthma, stomach issues and high blood pressure.
- Skin infections
- Stomach issues
- Diabetes symptoms
CONSUME IT REGULARLY TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Goya detoxifies the liver, relieves gout induced pain and improves blood circulation
- Goya juice boosts immunity and prevents infections
- It stimulates food peristalsis, and enhances digestion
- Bitter melon is packed with Polypeptide-P, a phytonutrient and plant insulin that reduces blood sugar. It contains charantin, a hypoglycemic agent. Charantin stimulates the glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in liver, muscle and adipose tissues. These compounds reduce blood sugar level and aid in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
- Use Goya to deal with hangover. It boosts metabolism, nourishes and cleanses the liver after you have had a few more drinks.
- Medical experts agree that Goya juice relieves psoriasis and fungal infections like Athlete’s foot and ringworms.
- Goya improves vision and relieves vision issues due to its abundance of beta-carotene.
- Bitter melon is an excellent source of folate that reduces neural tube defects in infants. Use Goya more often to boost stamina and energy level.
- Fresh Goya is abundant in vitamin C. a serving of 100g of raw Goya provides 84mg or 140% of RDI. Vitamin C is a powerful natural antioxidant that prevents free radical damage.
- Bitter melon contains B vitamins like niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), and minerals like iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium.